Career Cruising Course Registration (This applies to returning Gr. 9-11 student only)
Below you will find instructions for the course registration procedure.
- Students will be provided computer lab time between April 22 and April 24 to register for courses.
- Parents can logon to the Parent Portal (see instructions below) to review their child’s selection. You have until May 1 to make changes at which time all selections will be final and the registration will be locked. After that date all changes must be made through the school office.
- The actual school timetable will be completed by the end of May. Over the summer student timetables will be finalized. Students will be able to view their personal timetable online on PowerSchool in mid-August. They will be able to make final changes to their timetable at the Registration Days in August (in our school library).
August 25 9:00 – 12:00 Grade Twelve Registrations
August 26 9:00 – 12:00 Grade Eleven Registrations
August 27 9:00 – 12:00 Grade Ten Registrations
If you have further questions, contact Mrs Theune in our school office.
Career Cruising Parent Portal
Parents can log on at any time to their child’s account to view the courses they have registered for. The following is the process to log on for the first time:
- Use the “Activation Code” provided to you (they will be sent home with your child between April 22 and April 25). If your child does not bring it home, send an email to the following address to receive it (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Go to www.careercruising.com/parent and click on “I am a new user: Register Now” (if you have previously registered you can login directly with your email address and password).
- Provide the information required and then enter your Activation Code.
- Once you have entered the portal, you can add your other children to your account if you have their Activation Code.
- To view your child’s course selections click on the blue “Course Planner” button on the left hand side of the page.
Grade 7 Option Selections
Grade Seven Option Selections
Grade seven students have three courses to choose from for their options. If they choose band, that will be their only option since it occurs on both days of the option cycle for the full year. If they do not choose band they will select two of the following: Art, Drama or Recreational Fitness.
You can see a description of the courses by clicking on the Registration Handbook found under the Programs tab at the top of this website.
In order to select your options, you will click on the link provided below (Note: the link will be live at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 23rd). Once the Google form opens, you will enter the name of your child and select the options they would like to take next year.
Link to the Survey:
Grade 8 & 9 Registration for Options
Welcome to Our Website!
Welcome to Strathcona Christian Academy Secondary School. We provide an Alternative Secondary School grades 7-12 within the Elk Island Public School System. The mission of our school is to challenge students, through Christ-centered education, to know Jesus Christ and Lord in order to pursue a life of godly character, personal and academic excellence, and service to others.
Christ-centered education: We have chosen to teach the Alberta curriculum from the biblical worldview with the understanding that Jesus Christ is the creator and sustainer of all things. Our desire is to develop in our students the ability to think and live biblically and to apply the Christian worldview to all areas of their lives.
Knowing Jesus Christ: We understand that we are created to know and to love God by entering into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our goal is to provide our students with opportunities to make this choice.
Godly Character: We aim to provide our students with instruction in godliness so that they may form sound Christian character.
Excellence in academics: We are called to challenge our students to excel in their schoolwork as a means of glorifying God and of preparing for their life's work.
Service to others: We provide programs whereby students may serve in SCA, in churches, in the community, and beyond. This includes an emphasis on students persuing summer missions and ministry.
Strathcona Christian Academy Secondary School strives to meet the needs of individual students by enabling each student to pursue excellence, to experience success, and to realize his/her potential in each course and school activity. Every effort is made to organize the curriculum to enable each student to achieve his/her educational goals and to develop interests, skills and abilities in a variety of curricular and extra-curricular areas.
Besides offering a complete academic program, our school offers Bible instruction, fine arts, second languages and career and technology courses. These courses are available to all students and include special opportunities in art, drama, music, French, computer studies, fashion studies, communication technology, Bible, leadership training and athletics. Each year opportunities for Christian service and missions are part of our programming.
At Strathcona Christian Academy Secondary School we are committed to the fulfillment of all aspects of our mission statement in the lives of each of our students. Our greatest desire is to see our students seek after God in greater depth, desiring the "heart of God".
Thank you for visiting SCA Secondary School's website!
POWERSCHOOL and CAREER CRUISING
Staff and Students at SCA start each Monday with Jacob Ressler and the SCA News. Click on the link below to see what's making news at SCA!
Important Information about Measles
Please click here to view important information about measles.