Founded in 1980 as a private school, Strathcona Christian Academy Secondary (SCS) follows the Alberta Learning curriculum for grades 7 to 12 and delivers instruction with a Christian perspective. SCA joined Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) in 1998 and now operates as an Alternative Christian Program under its umbrella. Serving approximately 600 students each year, the school's teachers are government certified and are committed Christians who support the Academy's mission.
Kyla Harding, Assistant Principal
Kevin Winkel, Assistant Principal
"...whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable . .. if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." Philippians 4:8
To invite students, through Christ-centered education, to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord in order to pursue a life of godly character in service to others and achieve their academic potential.
To be a leader in Christian programming in Canada for ALL students. We will achieve this as an alternative public school that is highly valued by the church, school board and community.
SCA seeks parents and students who:
- Are serious about learning and developing God-given capabilities and talents;
- Actively contribute to the school's Christian atmosphere; and
- Desire that Christian training be extended into the classroom.
Programs and Services
- Campus Pastor
- Full-Time School Counsellor
- Mentorship Program
- Band and Choral
- School of Worship Arts (SOWA)
- Musical Theatre
- Teens Against Violent Oppression (TAVO)
- Student Council
- Local and National Missions